December Question

Will you ever write more books in the Spellsong Cycle?

I don’t have any immediate plans to write more Spellsong books, but I haven’t foreclosed that possibility. What I can say is that, if I do, it won’t be soon, since I’m committed to finishing the book I’m now working on and one other before I can consider what I’ll write then.

10 thoughts on “December Question”

1. Amy Jones says:

Long time reade, the book that hooked me was magic of recluse, but I have read every book you have written. My question is what is the first book you wrote, and what was the first book published?

2. Robert Lann says:

I have read your series multiple times. I am waiting for your newest 3 books to DROP in price for the kindle since I can not afford $14.99 for an E book. No trees were killed in the mass marketing of e-books.

3. Wine Guy says:

Trees are an eminently renewable resource.

4. Todd Abbott says:

How does the Mongrel Mage (and its sequel) fit into the Recluse timeline? I have just started reading it, so I know it is after ‘Arms Commander’ by quite a bit for it to be near legend in ‘the book of Ayrlyn’. I am just guessing but I would say before ‘the White Order’ and possibly before the ‘Towers of Sunset’, but like I said I just started reading (on chapter 2). I lost many of my book years 18 years ago when I moved and just started getting them again so I could reread the books in chronological order and got to ‘the Magic Engineer’. It has been a long time since I read some of these. My favorite is like ‘the Natural Ordermage’ and its sequel ‘the Mage Guard of Hamar’ I wish you had a large map of every town and village named in all your books. I would buy that instantly…

1. The Mongrel Mage takes place some 350 years after Arms Commander and 225 years before The Towers of the Sunset.

5. Kristie says:

Hi! (This question doesn’t relate to the original post.) Is Lorn, of Cyador, a sociopath? And is he meant to be a trustworthy narrator? I have read the two books about him many times, but I view the books differently after more life experience.

1. Lorn is trustworthy, and he’s not a sociopath, but he’s also a pragmatist and will do what is necessary for what he believes to be the greater good.

6. Gil Allis says:

Is there a reason that most of the books(yours) I’ve read are constantly using “sardonic” as a type of humour- emotive process. Are you making an effort to encourage your readers to restore/recognise it as a form? I looked it up and find it hard to recognise the form in written form. It seems the only mode used vs humorous, sadly, ironicly….

1. I don’t know that it was a conscious decision to single-handed restore “sardonic,” but to me “sardonic” has a cynical and almost bitter implication [which is also what my ancient Funk and Wagnalls dictionary also says] that differs from irony or sarcasm.

7. Jonathon Hass says:

Would REALLY REALLY REALLY love to see some of what came before the Spellsong cycle on Erde, IE: the Corians, wastes of Ranuak, etc. You made mention of TONS of things in that series which would make GREAT reading.
    All 5 of my daughters have read this series and all of us have loved it. Loved seeing a couple of women lead the way instead of waiting for a guy to do it. Nice breath of fresh air right there.