I just turned in the final version of a new science fantasy novel, entitled Quantum Shadows, which is set in the very, very far future on a world called Heaven. Even my editor and my publisher both think, for better or worse, that it’s unlike anything I’ve written before, and I’ve been working on parts of it for more than five years. It’s tentatively scheduled for release in mid-2020, but that date could change somewhat, depending on factors beyond my control. Obviously, I’m working on another book, but I’m not ready to say much yet beyond the fact that I am.

22 thoughts on “”

1. Kevin says:

Mr. Modesitt

Is the world Heaven in this new novel based on one of worlds of the Angels from Fall of Angels?

1. No, it’s not. It’s a very different world

1. Hannibal says:

Right….

2. The little that you’ve said about “Quantum Shadows” sounds very tantalizing. I’m sorry it won’t be out sooner!

I’m currently very much enjoying a 1996 science fiction novel of yours that I’d never read (“The Parafaith War”).

1. Ben Frauhiger says:

Parafaith War is one of my favorites by far!

1. Wine Guy says:

Amen… I mean “Stet.”

2. Tony Leukering says:

What he said! I read it early in my time of following LEM, and it has yet to be supplanted.

3. Herbert says:

Based on these replies I went out and bought Parafaith War and just finished it. Great read! Has a timeless quality to it. Would make a great TV show!

3. Melissa says:

I cannot wait!

4. Alison says:

Looking forward to another thoughtful science fiction book!

5. Lena Frykholm says:

I’m looking forward for your next SF book. I think you are one of the best SF author, you and Jack Mcdevitt.Lena Frykholm Sweden

6. Jonathan says:

would love for there to be a leatherbound edition in the future of some of your works too!

7. Alain says:

Mr. Modesitt,
    I just started reading “Endgames” and its going pretty well.

Please will there be any more Imager books? Especially continuing (and possibly concluding) the story of Rhenn?

Also, should we expect another story from Corus. Truly love the series.

Thanks.

1. There won’t be any more Imager books because I finished the cycle I envisioned. Anything else that I wrote about Rhenn would either be untrue to the world, and Rhenn or be an anti-climax, and I have no intention of doing either.

As for the Corean Chronicles, while I have no plans for another book there, it is remotely possible.

1. Jason Schultz says:

How about just a short story involving Rhenn so I can say “hi” to my old friend?

Kidding on the square.

Please and thank you.

8. I was just looking on Amazon to see if any of your new books were on pre-order and the first couple of pages of links listed lots of books and book sets for Kindle BUT all were marked “unavailable”. I’d actually like to order some of the sets in Kindle format as I already have them in Hardback but now just read books in Kindle format. Anything happening there that you’d like to divulge?

9. k.gay witherington says:

I read all your books and love every one but I am especially looking forward to another sci fi novel described as “a synthesis of science and spirituality.” I have the release date marked on my calendar! Gay

10. william j. bronow says:

sorry for myself about no more imager series.
    thank you sir for the wonderful stories.

11. I just pre-ordered Quantum Shadows but note it’s not available until July 2020.

I hope you might have another book ready to go around Nov/Dec 2020 as I like to reserve one to read over Christmas.

Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year when it comes and also all our fans as well.

1. I’m afraid the best I can do is Fairhaven Rising, which won’t be out until February 2021.

12. richard says:

can`t wait any proof copies around ye ?? LOL all best L.E Modessitt.. still got 2 bookplates left from those you sent me.

1. These days actual print ARCs or galleys are rare; most are electronic, and they’re usually not available until 6-9 months before the publication date.