I just recently turned in the final manuscript/electronic file for another Recluce Saga book, this one entitled, The Mongrel Mage, and Tor was kind enough to schedule it for November of 2017, although that could shift a month or so either way. I’ve spent a little time working on what I call a back-burner project, which means I’ll fit it in over the next several years, and I’m now working on another Recluce novel, the sequel to The Mongrel Mage. For anyone who hasn’t noticed, also, the release date for Recluce Tales has been moved up to January 3, 2017.

22 thoughts on “”

1. Arin Komns says:

Good news! What else do you have in the upcoming publishing schedule? Any short stories (other than Recluce Tales) appearing anywhere, or new SF?

1. Not at the moment, alas.

2. Gene Brandt says:

Sir,

Thank you for the update, it is appreciated. Have an excellent day.

v/r,
    Gene

3. Bruce Trick says:

I have been hoping for an update for a while. Great news! More reading to look forward to. 🙂

4. Shehreyar says:

This is incredible news. I was excited to hear about Treachery’s Tools and Assassin’s Price, and now this! I really can’t wait.

5. Brian says:

I’m happy to hear that you’re not finished with Recluce quite yet! I recently began reading the Imager Portfolio, and while I am enjoying it more than I thought I would, quite a lot more actually, it will never be quite the same as my love for all things Recluce.

6. lee beagan says:

Excellent news! I look forward to reading these new novels. Care to share in which era/time line they fall into among the other series?

1. Treachery’s Tools begins 13 years after Madness in Solidar. The Mongrel Mage takes place some 250 years after Heritage of Cyador , and the stories in Recluce Tales begin well before Magi’i of Cyador and end after The Death of Chaos.

1. lee beagan says:

thank you.

7. Chad B says:

Can’t wait to read Treachery’s Tools! I’m a big fan of the Imager series!

I’m curious about Assassin’s Price. Will that deal with new characters? What timeline does that fall into? Is there any updates on the release date?

Thanks!

1. Assassin’s Price is currently scheduled for a July 2017 release, and the events begin roughly three years after the end of Treachery’s Tools. None of the characters are new, but the POV changes. And no, I won’t say to whom. Not yet.

8. Paul P says:

So excited about your continued efforts on the Recluse series! Thank you!

9. aleciaf says:

I’m just finishing a binge read of all of your hard SciFi (I’m currently on Stittara), and not looking forward to ending this effort. Is there anything in the works in this genre? I love your work (although I am still wondering what you were ingesting when writing Hammer Of Darkness) in hard science fiction, but I know that the money is in fantasy now. How about a sequel on anyone of your prior worlds?

1. At the moment, I’m focused on a Recluce novel. After that, I’ll have to see. As a very practical matter, however, while I love writing both SF and fantasy, if for different reasons, I simply cannot afford to write as much SF as fantasy, and if I don’t write a greater share of books that sell really well, before long I wouldn’t be publishing that much or that often.

10. John Baugher says:

Is Heritage to Cyador getting another book? I was waiting for one but after reading the comments it doesn’t look like it but it seems there is still story to tell. Any chance of another Spellsong book?

1. I have no current plans for a sequel to Heritage of Cyador. While I’ve considered writing another book in the Spellsong Cycle, I haven’t been able to come up with a story arc that satisfied me.

11. John Baugher says:

How about the Sea preists that Secca destroyed summon their own singer from the mist worlds. Seccas descendants would have to contend with that person and you could have a story of 2 different characters. Each presenting the sides of good and evil at the same time depending on which perspective you look at. The sea preists certainly know the summoning is possible and they would be kinda filled with hate forever..

12. Cameron says:

Great News, and nice to see that TOR is moving the schedule up a little as well…… of course not as much to my liking but oh well.

Rereading the Scholar, Princeps, etc. Imager Series and enjoying it still even on the 5th reread. Thanks again for the imagination and creativity.

13. John Baugher says:

Having just re-read the cyador heirs/heritage books it at first appears that it is not just the story of Lerial but the story of the Hamor consolidation. After reading the Imager series and the consolidation of Solidar do you think the Hamor story will be told/finished?

1. There will not be another book about Lerial. Whether there will be other books set in Hamor remains to be seen.

14. John O. says:

Due to medical reasons I cannot read but enjoy listening to your audiobooks. Please continue to let your books become audiobooks. Any chance that they might not be?

1. That’s up to the audiobook publisher, but so far it appears that Tantor will continue publishing my books in audio format. Treachery’s Tools has just come out in audiobook, and the next three books are also under contract to be published in audiobook format.